MoCo Arts Dance program offers a variety of classes for 2nd graders and up (If your student is in 1st grade or younger, please refer to our Young Arts program.) Dance is for everybody and MoCo Arts offers the grace and athleticism of Ballet, the fun of Hip Hop based in the current street styles, the showmanship of Broadway style Jazz, the artistic freedom and innovation of Modern and the high energy hoofing of Tap. All programs participate in professional quality performances, but no dance student is required to perform.
Please use the tabs below to navigate through this page.
MoCo Arts offers a ballet program based on the Russian Syllabus. This program offers solid technical training for those who are serious about studying this demanding discipline, as well as for those who wish to take ballet class for strength, endurance and to support other dance forms. Ballet is a demanding physical discipline, and it must be understood that a student can take several years to complete one level of study. Those taking two or more classes per week will advance at a faster rate, and this is highly encouraged. Ballet offers multiple levels of classes based on the skill level of the student. Students begin with Ballet Intro and move through the levels by teacher permission only.
- Ballet Intro
- Ballet A
- Ballet A/B
- Ballet A/B Teen & Adult – Multi level class for dancers of all ages.
- Ballet B
- Ballet B Boys – A class for male dancers to focus on specific technique.
- Ballet C
- Ballet C/D
- Ballet D
- Ballet E
- Ballet D Rep & Ballet E Rep – Repertory classes give students the opportunity to learn choreography with a focus on performance. Permission required.
Pointe is only offered to students who have completed the necessary level of ballet and have been approved by the dance staff to participate. Students wear pointe shoes so that the dancer may go fully onto pointe while in releve. Ballet Pointe offers multiple levels of classes based on the skill level of the student. All pointe classes are by permission only.
- Ballet Pointe A – Ballet Point A is the introductory level to pointe. These classes focus on training the students in correct form. It also focuses on strengthening dancer’s feet and legs to prepare for further pointe work.
- Ballet Pointe B
- Ballet Pointe C
Tap classes are based on Broadway style and hoofing. Students learn the basic steps, focusing on rhythm, formation, and musicality. These classes are high energy. **Students need their own tap shoes. Tap offers multiple levels of classes based on the skill level of the student. Students begin with the Tap A class then move through the levels by teacher permission only.
- Tap A
- Tap B
- Tap C
- Tap D
- Tap Adult – An introductory level tap for adults.
Classes are based on Broadway style jazz, which includes Fosse, Tharp, Stroman, among others. This style focuses on technique, rhythm, and showmanship. Jazz offers multiple levels of classes based on the skill level of the student. Students beging with the Jazz A Class then move through the levels by teacher permission only.
- Jazz A
- Jazz B
- Jazz C
- Jazz D
Modern Dance belies strict definition, as it developed in response to the desire for individual artistic freedom and encourages dancers to develop personal choreographic styles. High-energy classes incorporate elements of classical jazz, ballet, lyrical and ethnic dance, with a focus on developing strong rhythmic connections, isolations, uses of the back, levels and spatial awareness. Modern offers multiple levels of classes based on the skill level of the student. Students begin with the Modern A class then move through the levels by teacher permission only.
- Modern A
- Modern B
- Modern C
- Modern D
- Modern E
- Modern C, D, & E Rep – Rep classes focus on choreography and may be taken in addition to technique classes.
Kids Bop/Hip Hop
Kids Bop is an introductory class to hip-hop. These classes are age appropriate and teach the students rhythm, style, formations, and self-confidence. All music and dances are age appropriate. Kids Bop offers multiple levels of classes based on the skill level of the student. Students begin with the Kids Bop A class then move through the levels by teacher permission only.
- Kids Bop A
- Kids Bop A/B
- Kids Bop
- Kids Bop B
- Kids Bop C
Hip Hop classes are based in the current street styles of dance. All classes are high energy and are focused on the latest choreography seen in many popular films, videos, and television shows. All music and dances are age appropriate. Hip Hop offers multiple levels of classes based on the skill level of the student. Students begin with the Hip Hop A class then move through the levels by teacher permission only.
- Hip Hop A
- Hip Hop B
- Hip Hop B/C
- Hip Hop C
How to Register
- Visit or call the MoCo Arts front desk at 603-357-2100 to inquire about classes.
- Payment in full or setup of a payment plan is required upon registration. The front desk staff will gladly work with you to create a payment plan.
- Accepted methods of payment
- Credit/Debit Card
- Accepted methods of payment
- To register for Fall 2017 classes fill out the ‘Class Registration Forms 2017 – 2018’
- Class Registration Forms must be filled out once per school year. Please fill out a new set of paperwork for the 2017-2018 school year.
- Paperwork is available for download On the ‘Parents Page’ or can be picked up at the MoCo Arts front desk
- Return paperwork to MoCo Arts before the first day of class. We suggest that paperwork is returned at least one week prior to class.
- Paperwork can be dropped off or mailed to:
76 Railroad Street
Keene NH 03431
- MoCo’s front desk staff is there to help with any questions or concerns.